Fortaleza do Cabo de São Vicente
The original build dates back to the 16th century but the building suffered changes in the 17th and 18th centuries. The main door bears the arms of Dom Joao II. Located inside the fort are the Convento dos Frades Jerónimos, founded in the 16th century, and a chapel built on the very spot where, so the legend goes, lie the human remains of St Vincent.
8650-355,Vila Do Bispo
- Easy external parking
- Castles & Fortresses
Monuments near Fortaleza do Cabo de São Vicente
Antigo Convento dos Frades Jerónimos
Convent founded in the 16th century and located inside Fortaleza de Sagres.
Fonte da Praça da República
Fountain that is located in the garden of Praça da República.
Fortaleza de Beliche
The original building was almost totally destroyed by the corsair Sir Frances Drake. Rebuilt in the 17th century it was once again damaged during the 1755 eart…
Fortaleza de Sagres
Fortress that dates back to the 16th Century but which has suffered a number of alterations throughout the ages. This fortress maintains a strong defensive wa…