Explore the best places
Largo Hermegildo Solheiro
Statue which honors the "peacekeepers" de Melgaço, located in a small garden in the Centre of the village.
Avenida Padre Anibal Rodrigues
4960-035, Castro Laboreiro
Statue that pays homage to Aníbal Rao, a former priest of Castro Laboreiro, firm defender of traditions and landscapes of this land, since the nature and heritage protection to the protection of the region's dog, the Cão de Castro Laboreiro from.
4960-061, Castro Laboreiro
Former medieval fortification located at 1033 metres altitude. Currently almost in ruins, preserves an enclosure delimited by walls cloths and two doors. Stands out the door of the frog. At the site of primitive fortification rocker there are traces of prehistoric occupations and the iron age.
4960-088, Castro Laboreiro
Prehistoric necropolis, of large size, consisting of approximately 62 grave tumuli, mostly containing megalithic dolmen. Its isolated location and covered with undergrowth, far from any urban agglomerate, is the basis of a good preservation and easier viewing.
4960-058, Castro Laboreiro
Set of seven Mills, in good condition, of rectangular plan, organized in Rocky escarpments in the Castro Laboreiro.
Praça da República
Associated with the Museum of the keep, in these ruins can observe and interpret the medieval history of the County. The space consists of a medieval moat, through which it circulates, and sidewalks of different times, and may also be subject to other pieces, found during excavations, like a catapult projectile and several stones to throw.
4960-026, Castro Laboreiro
Located next to the Assureira Bridge and to São Brás Chapel there is a water mill. This construction has a robust character and made of blocks from popular architecture. It possesses stone culvert, open that used to lead the water to the river by the land until inland. The devices for milling are presently destroyed.
Rua das Carvalhiças, 193
Conventual Franciscan church of Mannerist structure, reworked in the 18th century. The main altarpiece is Mannerist, and the rest of the decorations at the Church and sacristy is Rococo.
Temple of a single nave, built in 1245. Deserves special highlighting the arches ogival portal and the Northern portal with the "tree of life" carved in the tympanum.
Quinta da Calçada
Is a late 17th century building, with U-shaped plant, which was the subject of magnifications in the 19th century. Solar sober with balcony, indented and endowed with solid granite bulkhead, which is access to the piano nobile and becomes functional open space. The whitewashed roof follows the local tradition, proofing the tile.