Antigos Paços Municipais de Guimarães
Its construction started in the end of the 14th century and was only completed a few centuries later. In the 17th century was the subject of profound renovation works. The ground floor consists of a porch supported by Gothic arches and the piano nobile has Bay Windows topped by triangular pediments interrupted by armilares balls and shields. Currently, it houses the Museum of Modern primitive art.
Largo da Oliveira
- Difficult external parking
- Typical houses & Relevant buildings
- Visitable (no guide)
- monday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- tuesday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- wednesday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- thursday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- friday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- saturday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- sunday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- holiday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
Monuments near Antigos Paços Municipais de Guimarães
Busto de Martins Sarmento
Bronze bust placed on a base of granite, erected in honor of the archaeologist and writer Martins Sarmento.
Capela de Nossa Senhora da Guia
This is one of the seven chapels built in 1727 by the brotherhood of our Lady of consolation and Santos Passos, demonstration of popular devotion to the Passio…
Capela de Santa Cruz
17TH-century Mannerist Temple, with an original exterior pulpit where alpendrada is located. Inside it is possible to observe the family tiles of Camellias.