Padrão do Salado
Built in the reign of Dom Afonso IV, it was intended to commemorate the Battle of 1340. The porch consists of four carved broken arches, based on columns with carved capitals, topped by the Royal shield. Here is a cross that represents Christ Crucified on one side and the Virgin Mother under a canopy on the other.
Largo da Oliveira
- Difficult external parking
- Pillories & Stone crosses
Monuments near Padrão do Salado
Antigos Paços Municipais de Guimarães
Its construction started in the end of the 14th century and was only completed a few centuries later. In the 17th century was the subject of profound renovatio…
Busto de Martins Sarmento
Bronze bust placed on a base of granite, erected in honor of the archaeologist and writer Martins Sarmento.
Capela de Nossa Senhora da Guia
This is one of the seven chapels built in 1727 by the brotherhood of our Lady of consolation and Santos Passos, demonstration of popular devotion to the Passio…