Praça de São Tiago
Square of medieval moth where, according to tradition, was brought to Holy Virgin Mary by the Apostle St James, having been placed in a pagan temple of largo. Here there was also a alpendrada Chapel, dating from the 17th century, dedicated to Santiago, which was demolished in the late 19th century.
Praça São Tiago
- Difficult external parking
- Historical streets & Plazas
Monuments near Praça de São Tiago
Antigos Paços Municipais de Guimarães
Its construction started in the end of the 14th century and was only completed a few centuries later. In the 17th century was the subject of profound renovatio…
Busto de Martins Sarmento
Bronze bust placed on a base of granite, erected in honor of the archaeologist and writer Martins Sarmento.
Capela de Nossa Senhora da Guia
This is one of the seven chapels built in 1727 by the brotherhood of our Lady of consolation and Santos Passos, demonstration of popular devotion to the Passio…
Capela de Santa Cruz
17TH-century Mannerist Temple, with an original exterior pulpit where alpendrada is located. Inside it is possible to observe the family tiles of Camellias.